The MacBook Air has a special internal design with the RAM soldered to the motherboard. According to 9to5Mac, it looks like the new models will all have at least 4 GB instead of the current minimum of 2 GB, which is great news. Here is the list of the new models according to 9to5Mac:
- Base Model: MD223LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/64FLASH-USA
- Better: MD224LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/128FLASH-USA
- High End: MD845LL/A – MBA 11.6/2.0/8/256FLASH-USA
- MD231LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/128FLASH-USA
- MD232LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/256FLASH-USA
- MD846LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/2.0/8/512FLASH-USA
The 13,3″ model can now get a 512 GB SSD and the 11″ gets up to 256 GB. Let’s hope that Apple won’t use this as a reason to increase the price!